Have a wedding or any other event to attend and wondering how to remove tan from skin at home? This is for you!
I believe every complexion be it fair or dark, everybody is beautiful. I am sure you believe in that too. But sun tan might be a little issue for some, especially if you are someone like me, you might look ghastly. Rather than getting that beautiful tan, I look ashy and I mean it. I sometimes need an anti-tan when I stay in the sun for a long time. In such situations, this is one face mask I believe in. So this post is about one of my most favourite anti-tan face masks which really works. The face mask has other amazing benefits too. I will be listing the benefits of the ingredients used at the end, so you have an idea.
- 1tbsp. Rice powder (Get it here)
- 11/2 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1tbsp. Tomato juice
- 1tbsp Honey (Get it here )
Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste. You can add lime juice too if you wish. Apply this mask on your face and neck and leave it for 10-15 minutes. After that rinse it off. If you wish to exfoliate you can gently massage this mask while removing. You can also use this mask on your entire body.
You can make your rice flour by grinding rice at home. I have mentioned a rice flour that you can get online in case you are lazy or don’t want any mess. But I make rice flour at home and suggest you do the same.
Skin benefits on Rice powder
- Soothes sunburn and prevents the skin from sun burn.
- Reduces dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Skin lightening.
- Treat blemishes, fine lines and pimples.
- Retain the elasticity and firmness of the skin to make you look fresh and young.
Skin benefits of Yogurt
- Yogurt is a great moisturiser.
- Helps in preventing and treating sun burn.
- Fights acne.
- Treats pigmentation and age spots.
- Prevents premature ageing.
Skin benefits of Tomato juice
- Getting rid of tanning.
- Treating pigmentation.
- Treating and preventing acne.
- Shrinks open pores.
- Regulates sebum secretion in oily skin.
Skin benefits of Honey
- Great moisturiser.
- Loaded with anti-ageing ingredients.
- Helps in treating acne.
- Soothes your skin.
- Cleanses the pores.
- Skin lightening.
So now you know how to remove tan from skin. This face mask does the job really well. You can also use this mask after you have been in the sun and don’t want to get tanned.This is also great for soothing sun burn. This is one of my favourite anti-tan DIY face mask.
You might also want to check out this Skin lightening face mask.
Have you tried this mask? If not, please do try and let me know what you think.
Hey guys, how are you all doing?
I have not done a DIY face mask post for a while now (the last one I have done was the potato-tomato skin lightening face mask ) and decided to do one today. If you have read my previous post which was a review of ceramide face mask form the face shop, you know I have mentioned about collagen and skin/pore tightening. In this post I am talking about a homemade face mask which helps to boost your natural collagen which in turn helps in tightening/firming of skin and also tightening of pores, making your pores less visible and skin looking much younger. The best part is that the ingredients to boost collagen production and tighten pores are already there in your kitchen. I will be listing the benefits of every single ingredient used in this mask at the end of the post .
Search and find out the following ingredients from your kitchen.
- 3 tbsp carrot juice
- 2 tsp powdered oats. ( I use this one )
- 1 tsp yeast ( I use this one )
- Honey (optional) ( I use this one )
See I told you, you already have these ingredients at home.
How to make the face mask
This homemade face mask is really easy to make. You begin by taking a carrot and extracting the juice from it. Next run oats in a blender and make it to a powdered form. You begin by taking 3 tablespoons of carrot juice in a bowl, add yeast to it and mix well. To this add powdered oats and mix really well. Your collagen boosting mask is ready.
Remember: If your skin is on the drier side, add honey to the mask. You can add honey even if your skin is not dry, but it is optional.
Now apply this homemade face mask all over your face and neck in a uniform layer and keep it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, wet your face with warm water and remove the mask by gently massaging your face and neck. Rinse off with warm water.
Benefits of ingredients used in this mask
- Contains Vitamin A and other antioxidants in abundance.
- Vitamin A attacks the free radicals to prevent the signs of aging.
- Vitamin C aids in the production of collagen. It helps prevent wrinkles and locks the process of aging.
- Gives a glowing skin.
- Helps in getting rid of blemishes and scars.
- Helps in treating acne.
- Removes dead skin cells and dryness by exfoliating.
- Natural moisturizer.
- Helps in skin lightening.
- Oats contains saponins which is considered as a natural cleanser, that can remove dirt and oil from the pores without causing irritation.
I used instant dried yeast, but if you can get your hands on Brewers yeast, I recommend using that.
- I use yeast because it contains amino acids, minerals, proteins and Vitamins.
- Has anti-aging properties.
- Helps in collagen production.
- Brightens and hydrates the skin.
- Improves skin smoothness and texture.
- Since I have used yeast, please do a patch test before trying out the face mask.
- You can use this face mask once a week.
- Follow this mask with a toner and moisturizer.
What do you think about this collagen boosting homemade face mask? The reason why I love this face mask is that it makes my skin firm and tightens my pores without drying out my skin. What are your thoughts about using yeast in your face mask?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means when you purchase something using the links I may get a small fortune as a reward.