My today’s post is about a face pack, the potato-tomato face pack. The potato-tomato mask is great for removing tan and blemishes. That’s not it. More benefits will be mentioned at the end of the post. Read further to know how and why.
Ingredients for potato-tomato face pack
You need just three ingredients:
- 1 tbsp honey.
How to make potato-tomato face pack
Before saying how to make this mask, let me say one thing. I have taken half of a potato ( a small one) and a tomato, which is way too much. You can adjust ingredients according to your needs. Just remember to take equal amounts of the potato and tomato.
Start by grating the potato. And then in a blender, add the grated potato(you don’t necessarily have to grate the potato, can add it as it is) tomato and honey and blend together the three ingredients to form a smooth paste. Transfer this to a bowl and apply the face pack on your face and neck. Let the potato-tomato face pack stay on your face for 15 minutes so that the face pack shows its magic on your skin and then wash off with luke warm water. You can see your face feels soft and smooth. It also brightens your skin instantly. I recommend using the face pack immediately after making it.
Remember: Do a patch test before applying this mask.
Now that you know how you can make the potato-tomato face pack , lets find out why I have used these ingredients and what benefits they have on your skin.
Benefits of potato on skin
Potatoes contain an enzyme catecholase, which helps in skin lightening, fading acne scars and blemishes. They are rich in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium and magnesium. The benefits of potato due to which we are using it in the face pack are:
- Potato acts as a mild bleach which lightens your skin tone.
- Potato is also very effective in removing facial tan.
- Potato can help get rid of blemishes on skin.
- Potato is an effective anti-aging ingredient which helps particularly in the treatment of wrinkles.
- Potatoes help in treating dark spots.
- Potatoes are also great for removing dead skin cells from face.
Benefits of tomato on skin
Tomato itself is such a beautiful fruit. Tomato is the ingredient which imparts that beautiful color to our potato-tomato face pack. Lets move on to the real benefits of tomatoes on skin.
- Tomatoes helps to treat open pores.
- Tomatoes are great for treating acne and acne scars.
- Tomato has anti-aging properties.
- Tomato is a great natural bleaching agent.
- Tomatoes prevent excess oil secretion.
- Tomatoes help in removing dead skin cells and also gives a glow to your skin.
Benefits of honey on skin
I have already mentioned the benefits of honey on skin when I used it in the green tea-mint soothing face mask.
- Honey is a great ingredient for fading acne scars and also in treating acne.
- Honey is an anti-aging ingredient.
- Honey is very moisturizing for your skin.
- Honey has anti-microbial properties.
- Honey helps in soothing your skin.
So what do you think about the potato-tomato skin-lightening face pack? I love this face pack as it lightens and brightens skin tone, helps in fading away acne scars and blemishes and treats acne and wrinkles. Try the mask and let me know how you felt.
You may also like:
Anti-aging face mask
Mandarin-tomato face pack for skin lightening
Turmeric face mask for clear skin