Hello my beautiful friends,How are you guys doing?
When it comes to hair, I always had dry and damaged hair. It is just recently that my hair started getting better and that’s because I have started taking real care of it. I take care when using products on my hair too. Today I am up with a review and I am reviewing a new range of shampoos inspired by natural Arab remedies and I am talking about Pert shampoos. I have got the chance to review three out of the 8 available. So let’s get started with the review.
Today I am going to review
- Anti-dandruff with coconut and lime
- Anti- hair fall with ginger extracts
- For damaged hair with chamomile extracts
Smooth hair opens the door to a better tomorrow. When it comes to choosing a shampoo, women want quick and smart products that would give them that fresh ‘salon look’ without having to spend a fortune. Now, thanks to PERT’s new range of shampoos, smooth and manageable hair is accessible to all. Present in the GCC market for over 30 years, PERT has finally perfected a range of products that bottles the region’s traditional wisdom and natural remedies. With PERT, smooth hair is a guaranteed end benefit without the fuss of traditional Arab remedies – their professional formula ensures your hair remains healthy thanks to their all natural ingredients and remedies that women have been using for centuries. The products are simple to use in just one easy step, making it the smart choice that gives you all the value for your money.
The 8 shampoos available are:
- Coconut & Lime:Anti-Dandruff – Coconut has properties that are anti bacterial and which offer nourishment for the scalp while adding shine. The formula conditions deep down, helping fight visible dandruff flakes from your hair.
- Henna:For Strong Hair – Henna leaves promote hair growth and thus strong hair. Additionally, henna adds shine and volume to your hair while preventing it from greying and thinning,
- Mandarin:For Greasy Hair – Mandarin has proteins which help the hair from getting oily. The natural ingredients protect the hair, giving you a healthy and smooth look for longer.
- Olive Oil:For Dry Hair – Olive oil helps in moisture which make hair shiny and healthy. Rich in vitamins A, E and antioxidants, olive oil replaces the extra silicone ingredients used in conditioners and helps make hair more manageable.
- Oil Extracts:To Nourish Hair – The oil extracts provide overall nourishment to hair by preventing dry, itchy and flaky scalps while adding sheen and lustre to hair. The oils also maintain the hair’s natural texture while adding smoothness and strength to reduce breakage.
- Chamomile:For Damaged Hair – Not only does chamomile help sooth scalp irritation and nourish the hair, it also adds shine and glow to dull and dry hair. Mainly with dyed hair, chamomile is gentle and soothes damaged hair.
- Ginger:Anti Hair Fall – Ginger provides vitamins to the hair, helping in hair growth and hair strengthening for less hair fall. Additionally, the ginger enhances the hair’s natural lustrous shine.
- Honey:For Normal Hair – Honey provides healthy benefits by coating damaged hair with a protective layer, attracting moisture and feeding the hair follicles.
Price and availability
200ml – 6.75AED; 400ml – 12.75AED; 700ml – 17.25AED. Available on all supermarkets across GCC.
My review of the Pert shampoos
Even though I have tried the three variants I have seen similar results (well almost). Hence I am reviewing the three together but will be mentioning the differences too.
Let’s start with the packaging. The Pert shampoos comes in a green bottle with a flip open cap. The packaging is just almost similar to any other drugstore shampoos nothing special. The cap shuts tight hence travel-friendly. The shampoos has a very pleasant but light fragrance which just lingers for a few hours after washing your hair and then disappears. The Anti-dandruff smells a little different and has a coconutty fragrance which disappears even faster. Anti-dandruff shampoo is ivory colour while the other two are off white.
The consistency is quite thick, not very thick but still. The Anti-dandruff shampoo is a bit thicker than the other two. A very small amount is only required to create a great lather and yes lathers really well. Now considering the cleaning part, all the three cleans hair really well for any dirt and grime. But if you ask me about the anti-hairfall claim I don’t really think it does that but all I have to agree it did not weigh down my hair, any of them. Next the anti-dandruff shampoo is successful is getting rid of the flakes but if you stop using the shampoo, it comes back. The shampoo contains Zinc Pyrithone, which fights dandruff and dry scalp.The one for damaged hair is much easier on hair and does not leave the hair dry at all. The others also does not dry out my hair which is a great win for me as I have dry hair and most shampoos dry my hair. Even the anti-dandruff shampoo does not dry my hair and leaves my hair soft and beautiful. The Pert shampoo for damaged hair works even better if you have dry hair like me.
Normally I dilute and use my shampoos, these I have used with and without diluting and however these does not dry my hair. And I have tried with and without conditioner and even without conditioner my hair felt soft and less frizzy. But I strongly recommend using conditioners because it is very important to condition your hair . I asked my mom, my dad, my husband and my brother to use these shampoos and they felt the same about the shampoos. I have dry wavy hair, my mom has oily curls, my dad has soft straight hair, my husband has soft waves and my brother has dry curls. Am I making you confused? I hope not! However, the results were the same despite having different type of hairs.
What I don’t like about these shampoos is the ingredients, a whole lot of chemicals including sodium lauryl sulfate and parabens. But I must say there are some really god ingredients too.
In love with:
- Travel-friendly packaging but I don’t like carrying bigger bottles.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Cleans the hair and scalp leaving your hair soft and beautiful.
- Does not dry your hair.
- Very affordable price.
Not in love with:
- Contains SLS and parabens.
Honestly speaking I don’t expect shampoos to do miracles to my hair. According to me if a shampoo cleans my scalp and hair and removes the excess oil while not drying it, then I am happy with it. These does exactly that. But I still have a problem with the ingredients used. If you are planning to get an affordable shampoo, these might be a great choice. However, I will not repurchase these. I rate it 3.5/5.
Have you tried the Pert shampoos? Which is your favourite shampoo? Or which one are you using currently?
PR samples. However, all opinions are my own and unbiased.