Inspire and be inspired!
Every achievement big or small, is valuable. I started The Beauty mascot four months back when I had no idea if this small blog of mine will be read by real people. My very first achievement after starting my blog was definitely when I realized my little beauty world has some amazing readership. I cannot boast of high blog traffic, but I am happy there are people who take time to read my blog and find my blog informative. Now this blog of mine has been nominated for the Liebster award. It might not be a great deal for some of you, but for me it gives me inspiration and hope. Thank you Kim from Always A New Day for the nomination.
Lets get started by answering the 11 questions Kim has asked me.
- What is your biggest goals for 2016?
This blog of mine has made me confident enough of thinking about starting a lifestyle blog, where I can write more about me and more about the lovely country where I live, UAE.
2. How do you spend any me time you may have?
Me time does not even exist in my widest dreams now, to be honest! The reason, I have a 15 month old who just wont stop, she is running, jumping, and doing every possible thing. But if I ever get the luxury, I would choose to escape to a spa, get somebody else to do things for me. Or to keep it simple, I would love to take a beauty bath with a face mask on and just relax! Wow! I really need that right now.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to share what I have got in terms of beauty, share beauty tips and tricks as well as make up tricks, beauty DIY’s, product reviews and every other thing related to beauty. Moreover, blogging gives you a platform, to share what you know and what you think and what you want others to know. My work stays there as long as I live and after, so that, when my li’l girl grow up she can be proud of her mommy,hopefully 😛
4.If your readers could read ONE post from you, which one would it be and why?
I’m really glad you asked this question Kim! Okay I have written a post about using avocado seed for facial massage, you can find it HERE. I think this trick is really amazing and cheap. Everybody should try it out.
5. Where is your favorite place to travel?
I have just been to a very few places. But out of all the places I have visited Switzerland is my absolute favorite. Right from the time I could remember I have always dreamt of snowy mountains , serene lakes, beautiful greenery; what a picturesque place it is!
Just a couple more questions, I promise!
6. What is a favorite recipe that you would suggest for everyone to try?
Now this one is tough. I can’t think of any. Lets try this, I make a curry leaves chicken curry, which is very easy. Just blend together curry leaves, onion, garlic and ginger to form a paste. In a saucepan add oil, to that add the curry leaves paste, cook it for some time, add tomatoes, green chilies and chicken. The spices you add are coriander powder and a little bit of red chili powder. Once the chicken is cooked add garam masala and top it up with coriander leaves. Don’t forget to add salt. There you have it, very easy but flavorful chicken curry. The best thing is that curry leaves are great for your skin and hair.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and who would go with you?
Hmm… If I can, I will visit all the places in the world and moon too, with my family of course! If I really should pick a place I would love to take my li’l cutie to Disneyland. We visited Disneyland two years back and those were the best days of our life! We had so much fun.
8. Describe yourself in one word?
9. What is your favorite movie and why?
I can’t think of one movie right now! I really like the movie “A walk to remember” because this movie is all about unconditional love. I also love all Disney movies! There is an Indian movie “holiday” which is close to my heart because our story (me and my husband) is very much similar to that, only the love part!
10. What is one beauty product you cannot live without?
I cannot live without moisturizers and lip balms, not from any particular brand.
11. Share a favorite quote, Bible verse, or song lyric that motivates you?
“Where there is a will there is a way!
Now its my turn!
The best thing about Liebster Award is that it is all about discovering and promoting new blogs and bloggers. I am really excited to nominate the following awesome bloggers!
Soumya @ Soumya Midhun
Aki @ AK Beautyworld
Preity @ Stay beautiful with preity
Lily @ Love Lily Jackson
Safi @The Beauty Inside Out
I would love them to answer the following questions! Don’t forget to check them out!
- What is one beauty tip you would love to share with all?
- Are you guilty of committing any beauty mistakes in the past? If yes, what ?
- Since I love Disney movies, I should ask this, which Disney character you think resemble you?
- Micro niche blog or multi-topic blog?
- Time for some self promotion, what makes your blog different from other blogs in the same niche?
- Say something about the best moment in your life?
- Salt and spicy or sweet and sour?( I meant food choices :P)
- Which is your favorite place to visit on earth and why?
- Share a tale or a funny incident you have heard or happened to you? Weird experiences are also accepted!
- Do you dare to go with zero makeup to a very busy or crowded place?
- And my final question is What’s your favorite thing about blogging and who is your best blogger friend?
So we have come up to the end of this post! It was really fun and can’t wait to read what these awesome bloggers have to say!