Today is a special day for her because she was going on a date with the man of her dreams, the man whom she had a crush on like forever. And today she decided to do the makeup inspired by her favourite YouTuber. And how pretty she looked, the eye makeup was so good it made her beautiful green eyes even more beautiful.She wore the most beautiful dress. And everything was just perfect until she decided to check herself in the mirror for one last time. When she looked into the mirror she thought her best dream had converted to her worst nightmare. Her eyeshadow had creased, her eyeliner was all over. Oh! No! She had racoon eyes.
If this has ever happened to you or at least something similar then this post is for you, my friend!
Everybody has oil glands, the reason for oily eyelids is the glands which are located at the eyelash line. Like I said, everyone has it but some might have oil secretion even more, just like the case of our face. That doesn’t mean a person with an oily face will necessarily have an oily eyelid or vice versa. But I am sure if you have oily eyelids you know the struggle. You know how fast your eyeshadow creases and sometimes your eyeshadow looks patchy or lose intensity and you know how it feels when your eyeliner transfers to your top lids or fades.
We all have been there, me too! Until I learned some amazing eye makeup tips. Three simple steps to a flawless eye makeup for oily eyelids. Here I am not talking about makeup I am talking about the prepping you must do for your eye makeup to last long…and longer!
The three simple steps
Trust me it’s easy! I am not asking you to include more time-consuming steps to your makeup routine. These are easier than you thought and very important steps, if you have oily eyelids or not and it takes just 10 more seconds or so but saves the agony of your makeup becoming a mess just after a few hours of application. The process isn’t a big deal but the results are.
Step1: The cleansing
As much as it is important to apply makeup on a clean face, it is equally important to apply eye makeup on a clean eyelid. You don’t want any leftover mascara or eyeliner on your eyelids. All you have to do is use a makeup remover and wipe off any residual makeup or oil. For the lazy bones, you can use wet wipes instead.
I like using micellar water.
Yes, blotting! Even after you have wiped off the eyelids there might still be oil residue on your eyelids. You have to get rid of it as much as you can. If there is oil on your eyelids then once you apply eye makeup it breaks down the makeup, which we don’t want obviously. Moreover, if there is oil on your eyelids, your eye makeup will end up looking patchy. So for a flawless eye makeup, this step is very important.
Step 3: Eyeshadow primer
I am quite sure you are already using eyeshadow primers. Eyeshadow primers seal the oils of your skin away from your eye makeup and help your eye makeup last longer. It also helps in better pigmentation of your eye shadows and also a smoother application. You can also use concealer for this, but always remember to dust some loose powder on top of any cream/liquid concealers before applying eye shadows. And, please remember less is more when in this case too. You only need a very small amount of the primer.
Nyx HD eyeshadow primer
Then do your magic. Play with eye shadows and create the look you want and may your eye makeup stay all day!
Few other eye makeup tips
- If you have oily eyelids, start by applying thin layers of eye shadow and then build up the intensity. Don’t start with a thick layer.
- When choosing eye makeup choose the ones that are long-lasting.
- If you have extremely oily eyelids it is better to avoid cream eyeshadows at least avoid using these very close to the lashline. But there are some awesome cream shadows like the Maybelline colour tattoo,which stays all day.
- If you are using cream eye shadows, it will be best if you can layer it with powder ones or at least try to dust a very very small amount of translucent powder on top. Similar is the case with eyeliner, if possible layer your eyeliner with an eyeshadow so that your eyeliner stays put for a longer time.
- When choosing eye creams, take care of the formula, go for gels or oil-free ones that don’t leave your eyelids greasy. If your favourite eye cream makes your eyes look greasy, then save it for night time.
These are some of the eye makeup tips for oily eyelids for flawless eye makeup. Don’t forget to share your tips and tricks in the comment section below.