Do you know one thing I love about this season? Mangoes! I am such a crazy mango lover Oh yeah! Crazier than you! It’s actually difficult for me to decide not to eat a mango but use it on my skin. But with a heavy heart I decided to do it just for you guys (such a drama queen I am :P) As you have already guessed I am going to share the recipe for a homemade body scrub body scrub (Oh yeah genius, I know it’s obvious from my title :D) one which might leave all mango lovers drool and not want to get out of the shower plus there is also a chance of sniffing your skin as long as the smell stays. Convinced? Now please read further to know more about this homemade body scrub and as always it’s easy.
Before we get started let’s learn why mangoes are great for your skin.
Benefits of mangoes on skin
Mangoes not only taste good it has some really amazing benefits too. Below I have listed a few benefits of mangoes on skin.
- Mangoes contain high amounts of anti-oxidants and phytochemicals, which help to protect the body from the damage that can be caused by free radicals for younger looking skin.
- Removes tan and improves complexion.
- It is helpful is restoring elasticity of skin.
- Helps in removing acne scars also controls acne.
- Also helps in moisturising the skin.
Ingredients used in this homemade body scrub
- 1/2 cup mango
- 2tbsp virgin coconut oil Available here
- 5 drops orange essential oil Available here
- 1 cup sugar
Method of preparation
- Cut mango into cubes and mash it really well.
- Mix together coconut oil and orange EO.
- Add sugar to the oils and mix well.
- Finally add mango pulp to it and mix well. If you need more sugar feel free to add more. Viola! Your homemade body scrub is ready!
How to use
Just like you would use any body scrubs. Massage gently onto damp skin. Then rinse off thoroughly.
Remove the mango peels as much as possible.
Who doesn’t love mangoes right? Just imagine using this glorious fruit for your skin and benefit from it! Have you used this homemade body scrub before? Let me know what you think about it.