My life has been so chaotic lately, I was not feeling well, both mentally and physically. I am a Gemini, I think a lot! So by just trying not to think, which obviously is difficult for me, I have managed to stay positive and happy. Which means I am back on track. But my body still needs some extra something. And if I tell you about today,you probably don’t want me to explain everything so basically, I was feeling so tired. So before I unwind this da, I thought maybe I should get a great relaxing bath. It always helps!
But when I went through the ingredient list of my favourite Aromatherapy body wash….Oh Gosh! The list of chemicals used is even longer than the other good ingredients. Today I wasn’t ready for some extra sh*t hence I ditched it, for the time being, of course. I cannot fully do it, I am an addict you know 😛 but at least once in a while, I like to go all natural, and give my skin and body something like a detox and today I decided to make a DIY aromatherapy body wash with all great ingredients minus the chemicals. And I am really happy with the end product.
And this one costs far less than any body washes you get in the market and it is really easy to make. So easy! You just need to have some few things.
If you are interested then please continue reading.
- 1 bar castile soap (Get it here )
- 4 cups distilled water
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin (Get it here ) This is optional.
- 2 tbsp almond oil (Get it here )
- 20 drops eucalyptus oil (Get it here )
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil (Get it here )
- 25 drops jojoba oil (Get it here )
- 2tbsp Aloe vera gel (Get it here ) This is optional.
- 20 drops peppermint oil (Get it here )
This is how you make the Aromatherapy DIY body wash
- In a stainless steel saucepan, take distilled water and bring it to a low boil.
- Next, grate the castile soap and stir in the grated soap into the boiling water. Over low flame, stir until the soap is melted.
- After removing from heat add glycerine, almond oil, jojoba oil and other essential oils and finally aloe vera gel. You can either add vegetable glycerin or aloe vera gel. You can also skip both if you don’t have it at home. The two ingredients are added to make our body wash thick.
- Let the mixture sit undisturbed until is cooled.
- And that’s how you make your very own Aromatherapy DIY body wash! Use it as you would normally use any body washes/shower gels. Just remember to shake well before using.
Few things to remember
- You can use liquid castile soap instead of the castile soap bar. It is even easier when you use liquid castile soap. Just add all the other ingredients except distilled water and shake well.I didn’t have liquid castile soap today, I had the soap bar. Moreover, castile soap bars are cheaper than liquid ones.
- If you don’t have all the essential oils, you can customise and add the ones you have.
- You can check out the recipe for a very basic DIY body wash recipe here. This recipe needs only a very few ingredients.
- I normally stock up my essential oils. I buy when I spot them in some stores or get it online. To make things easier for you, I have added links to make it easier for you guys. Hence this post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase by clicking on the links, I get a very small referral fee at no cost to you.
- Make sure the water you use is distilled as normal tap water will contain bacteria which will reduce the shelf life of the DIY body wash.
- This body wash has a shelf life up to one year.
- But the ingredients might separate so make sure you shake well before each use.
See I told you, it’s really easy. Now enjoy an invigorating bath using a chemical-free aromatherapy body wash. Don’t forget to share your thoughts about it.
BF: Up to 75% OFF Top-Rated Makeup. Shop Now!
Also, since it’s winter I was thinking of posting about some of my favourite DIY moisturising body washes and body lotions. Let me know in the comments below if you would like to see such posts. You can also contact me through my social medias and my subscribers, you know what to do!